The Pension Reform Act 2014 allows RSA holders who have been certified unfit to work on medical grounds by a qualified medical practitioner or medical board to have full access to their RSA. The medical practitioner must certify that the employee is no longer mentally or physically capable of discharging his/her official duties as contained in his/her employment schedule, due to total or permanent disability.
The following documents must be submitted to AIICO Pension to process the application for benefits:
1. A medical certificate issued by a properly constituted Medical Board or a suitably qualified physician; (The Commission shall advise operators in this regard after due consultation with the Medical Association of Nigeria).
2. Letter of notification of retirement issued by his/her employer also authenticating the medical certificate; and
3. Pay slip or evidence of total annual remuneration.
4. Evidence of any accrued pension rights/acknowledgement of indebtedness (if an employee in the private sector).
5. Official notice of retirement
All documents received will be forwarded to the National Pension Commission for payment approval. AIICO Pension will only disburse into the bank details submitted upon receipt of approval from the Commission.